I talk your language...

Wednesday 24 June 2009

PhD without tears ? -25/6/09

Last Saturday, I finally registered myself as a PhD students in one of the local university... full-time. Luckily i was given a staff scholarship for it ... so lucky me, Alhamdulillah & thanks to our generous & caring government. I guess i would never have gotten my degree & master ... and all the lovely experiences in USA and UK if not from those financial supports.

So here i am , a full-time mother (with 5 sons) + full-time wife (yeah, only 1 husband)+ full-time postgraduate student +... or should i say 1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4 = 1?

Well ... nay ... as a mathematician I would say 1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4 IS NOT EQUAL TO 1;
1+1 in my case is equal to 7 ... if u got what i meant. .. ;-}]

With the permission from 'the top' , I started my 1st week as a student in my 'old' office ... wondering where to start and what to do next. Adapting myself to this new role is not as easy as i thought it would be ... So, I decided to make a long checklist of what need to be done and what need to be thrown out.

My first move was to find a new office partner ... checked. I successfully persuade one of my colleagues to move in to my office... so today I handed her the extra keys ... she is a sweet lovely lady, whom actually is my neighbor. I rearranged everything ... all my files and books and started inserting extra table (an old lab table) in the office... sadly, i started to feel like this new 'role' is putting me as 'a 2nd class citizen' in my own place ... :-[

Well, I guess there's no turning back ... I got to make the best of the opportunity, and try very hard to reach for the star ... is there really a PhD without tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment